1. What is one 4th of July tradition you either miss or always carry out?
I miss BBQ's and American flags. Here we always hang flags out on 4th July.
2. What was your first job in hospitality?
Head server at our formal dining canteen in boarding school in high school.
3. What is your favourite type of cuisine to eat – preferably not the one your work in?
4. Which dish do you most associate with childhood?
My mother’s prawn toasts.
5. What’s the soundtrack to your first love?
Soundtrack to Clueless the movie.
6. What do you crave after a long shift?
7. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day – what do you have?
Cup of coffee
8. What is your favourite word?
9. If you could go on a culinary extravaganza-eating holiday - where would you choose to do so?
10. All at the same time or coursed out?
I like to have my courses spaced out. It's rare we get to eat out and when we do, I savour it as long as possible :)
11. What is the one area of working in a restaurant you wish you knew more of?
Dealing with my husband, the chef.
12. What is the best cure for a hangover?
13. You’re allowed one shift drink – what is it?
14. What is the one thing which guests do that drives you mad?
Snaps their fingers to get your attention.
15. Do you have any rituals during a shift?
Brush my teeth before each shift.
16. What’s the last film you saw?
17. Best thing that has ever happened to you in a restaurant?
Thomas Keller coming to dinner at my restaurant.
18. What’s your tagline/motto?
19. Photography while eating – yay or nay?
20. Rank the following in order of priority; wine, food, sex.
Wine, food, sex.
21. What would be your last meal – drinks included.
Starter would be sweet corn soup with Jacques Selosse’s ‘Substance’. Main course would be my mother’s left over fried rice with a bottle of nicely aged Morey St Denis. Cheese course would be a huge pile of aged Comte with a bottle of a Jura white. Dessert would be the dessert trolley at Paul Bocuse with a bottle of Jerome Prevost La Closerie Rose.
22. What makes you happy?
Being with my parents
23. How do you relax?
Watch crap TV and walking by dog in Hampstead Heath.
24. What is the background on your phone?
Lock screen is a picture of our hot dog and champagne. Normal screen background is a picture of Noodle, my dog.
25. Favourite Instagram accounts to follow?
26. What is the best thing about working in hospitality?
Making people happy through food and wine, also not having Saturday night off.
27. Which restaurant are you ashamed to NOT have eaten at?
28. Who is the person you most respect in the industry?
29. What is your go to party trick?
Making my eyes bigger to look like a white person.
30. Finish this sentence; I eat everything except