"DO IT NICE OR DO IT TWICE."
Follow Molly on Instagram @molly_mcd_
1. What is one 4th of July tradition you either miss or always carry out?
We throw a 4th of July party at The Lockhart which is fab, but theres no backyard swimming pool and bottle rockets.
2. What was your first job in hospitality?
I was a hostess at a Tex Mex joint when I was 15.
3. What is your favourite type of cuisine to eat – preferably not the one your work in?
I could eat Mexican food everyday of the week.
4. Which dish do you most associate with childhood?
Growing up in Kansas City, definitely barbecue.
5. What’s the soundtrack to your first love?
First love, couldn’t tell ya...To my true love, would be Tom Tom Club Wordy Rappinghood.
6. What do you crave after a long shift?
A bowl of Rice Krispies with strawberries.
7. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day – what do you have?
Breakfast is my favourite meal. I cook breakfast for my kids everyday…pancakes, French toast, muffins, you name it.
8. What is your favourite word?
Mama...it can be said in many different ways, in many different contexts, but it’s always said with affection.
9. If you could go on a culinary extravaganza-eating holiday - where would you choose to do so?
As long as it’s a warm destination, sunshine, al fresco, I don’t care! Spain, Italy…take me!
10. All at the same time or coursed out? Is this a trick question?
As the kitchen wishes to send it (is the right answer?!).
11. What is the one area of working in a restaurant you wish you knew more of?
Finance, though admittedly I’m rubbish with numbers.
12. What is the best cure for a hangover?
A Coca Cola, cheeseburger, fries, and a milkshake.
13. You’re allowed one shift drink – what is it?
Loving whisky cocktails at the moment.
14. What is the one thing which guests do that drives you mad?
Asking for more water when they still have a full glass gets me every time. Or asking if I'm Canadian ;)
15. Do you have any rituals during a shift?
16. What’s the last film you saw?
Brad’s turn to pick…American Sniper on Netflix.
17. Best thing that has ever happened to you in a restaurant?
Brad surprised me with a trip to Paris over dinner at Ko in NYC. That was fun.
18. What’s your tagline/motto?
Do it nice or do it twice.
19. Photography while eating – yay or nay?
Photos if you like, but discreetly.
20. Rank the following in order of priority; wine, food, sex:
Doesn’t everyone say food, sex, wine?
21. What would be your last meal – drinks included.
A dessert bar…I have a sweet tooth like you would not believe. Accompanied by a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle.
22. What makes you happy?
Oh, my family. Hands down.
23. How do you relax?
Reading at night and spending time outdoors with Brad and the kids, and a glass of wine in hand.
24. What is the background on your phone?
My kids, Maren and Magnus. I’m so mumsy.
25. Favourite Instagram accounts to follow?
Forgive the expletive, @fuckjerry for a daily laugh.
26. What is the best thing about working in hospitality?
Meeting all sorts of people.
27. Which restaurant are you ashamed to NOT have eaten at?
There are so many…In the UK, I’d have to say The River Café and the Ledbury.
28. Who is the person you most respect in the industry?
How could I not say Brad…he’s the hardest workin, stand-up fella I know.
29. What is your go to party trick?
It’s a tongue trick, but I assure you it’s not sexy.
30. Finish this sentence; I eat everything except...
Runny eggs give me the heebie jeebies.