"DON'T MIND PHOTOGRAPHY, BUT I HAVE A REAL ISSUE WITH SELFIE STICKS AT DINNER!"
1. What was your first job in hospitality?
I worked in a coffee shop as a runner, basically clearing tables and running drinks.
2. What is your favourite cuisine to eat - preferably the opposite to what you work in?
I love French food and also Spanish tapas, anything that involves lots of small dishes is my favourite.
3. Which dish do you most associate with childhood?
Probably spaghetti bolognaise, it was my favourite all through my childhood.
4. What’s the soundtrack to your first love?
I’m so embarrassed to say! It was Enrique Iglesias, Hero, I played it back to back for weeks.
5. What do you crave after a long shift?
Chocolate or wine!
6. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day – what do you have?
We are very lucky that we have a great family meal at work, so normally I have an omelette or porridge.
7. What is your favourite word?
Pickle or Sugarplum, I use these often instead of swearing so it has become a bit of a joke at work.
8. If you could go on a culinary extravaganza-eating holiday – where would you choose to do so?
I think I would probably choose Switzerland, as I love cheese and fondues.
9. All at the same time or coursed out?
Either, I am not very fussy!
10. What is the one area of working in a restaurant you wish you knew more of?
Wine, I know the basics but would love to learn more about fine wines.
11. What is the best cure for a hangover?
Sleep! Failing that milkshakes.
12. You’re allowed one shift drink – what is it?
Wine all the way.
13. What is the one thing which guests do that drives you mad?
It takes quite a lot for a guest to drive me mad but I would say whenever a guest gets aggressive or starts to yell at a waiter / waitress it upsets me, as I don’t understand why they think it’s acceptable to talk to people who are just trying there best to make the experience at good as possible. Things do go wrong in a restaurant just like in any job, however I don’t think it is ever acceptable for people to yell or swear at the team members.
14. Do you have any rituals during a shift?
I don’t think so…I wash my hands about 100 times a night but that’s about it
15. What’s the last film you saw?
I watch quite a few films on my days off but recently saw the Martian with Matt Damon and it was really good!
16. Best thing that has ever happened to you in a restaurant?
I really cant think of anything…
17. What’s your tagline/motto?
Never assume, if you do you make and ass out of you and me
18. Photography while eating – yay or nay?
Don’t mind photography but I have a real issue with selfie sticks at dinner!
19. Rank the following in order of priority: wine, food, sex
Sex, wine, then food.
20. What would be your last meal – drinks included.
I have such a sweet tooth so I think I would just have lots and lots of different desserts with matching dessert wines.
21. What makes you happy?
Family, food, friends, and of course my boyfriend.
22. How do you relax?
Watching movies or going for pampering days.
23. What is the background on your phone?
Just the standard IPhone one.
24. Favourite Instagram accounts to follow
I don’t actually have instragam…
25. What is the best thing about working in hospitality?
The people for sure! You get to meet such a wide range of people from all different cultures and become good friends.
26. Which restaurant are you ashamed to NOT have eaten at?
It is not a particular restaurant but I am ashamed to say I have never been for afternoon tea in London.
27. Who is the person you most respect in the industry?
There are so many people that have taught me so much in the business, every GM I have worked with has given me guidance and shown me what to do and what not to do, I don’t think I could pick one person to be honest.
28. What is your go to party trick?
I don’t really have one, however I am probably the worst dancer of all time so whenever I start to bust moves out it normally makes the room laugh!
29. Finish this sentence: I eat everything except ...
Warm fruit or fruit in inappropriate places i.e. pineapple on pizza!